Sunday, January 08, 2006

2005: The Year in Review

Oh, what a year it was! I thought I would join the parade of bloggers chronicling the best of the year. Truly, 2005 was a year to remember. So let's remember it.

For the news story of the year, I think it's the horrifying tragedy of the destruction of Moon Base Gemini by an asteroid. I don't think any of us will forget the moment we heard that our beloved twenty-year old moon colony was gone forever. But fortunately the colonies on Mars and Jupiter came to the rescue and saved four hundred souls, and construction of a new moon colony is well underway. As for celebrities, truly the best new singer to hit the scene was Patha-Tik, the sexy little Eskimo girl who introduced herself with the smash hit, You Smell Somethin' Funny. I predict her stylist fusion of hip-hop, country, and polka will be the new trend in music. Of course, the best new movie was March of the Bellybuttons, the heartwarming drama by Steven Spielberg about the journey of a piece of carpet fuzz into a young woman's bellybutton. I don't think anyone will be surprised when Demi Moore wins the Oscar for that one. And for my money, the best new TV show of the year was Undercover Cows, the hit show starring Sean Connery and Ashlee Simpson as football team mascots turned undercover cops living together in a small New York apartment.

1 comment:

Maurice Mitchell said...

LOL. Amazingly enough I clicked on three of the links before I realized it was a joke. I was thinking "I don't remember that" and clicked on the link before saying "wait a minute". Eskimo?
"Here's my sign."