Saturday, February 18, 2006

I Hate The Charmin Bear Commercials


I hate Charmin's cartoon bear commercials. I know what the pitch was: "Does a bear crap in the woods? Yes, and he uses Charmin!" These ads are about as subtle as tampon commercials. We all know what toilet paper is for. I don't need to see bears wiping themselves on my TV. They tried to make them cute, but I find them gross. And they don't wash their hands. Believe it or not, the Charmin bears have names. Here are my suggestions: Stinky, Drippy, Potty, Crusty, and Sticky. I dunno...maybe this is a chick thing.

Bonus: The subtlety continued with Charmin's Super Bowl campaign, featuring Charmin seat cushions ("soft and strong for your end zone!").
Categories: entertainment

4 comments:

Maurice Mitchell said...

Yeah those are pretty gross. I especially hate the soft cartoony style of the commercials while we watch a bear shaking his stinky butt into the camera. Besides which, who's to say bears would even know good toilet paper from bad? They've got fur!

Anonymous said...

Dear Sir,
I've seen many bears using Charmin in the Grizzly Maze. They're such big bears! Oh yes!
Of course, when I tried to borrow a square they killed me.

Signed,
Timothy Treadwell (Grizzly Man)

Nigel G Mitchell said...

That's a good point about the fur. Reminds me of a joke which I won't repeat.

Maurice Mitchell said...

Did Eddie Murphy tell it? ;)