Thursday, January 22, 2004

The Simple Life reflections

Well, the "Simple Life" ended a week ago and I already miss it. Whenever I told someone I loved the "Simple Life," they always said they don't watch it because they hate Nicole Ritchie and Paris Hilton. I always responded that that's exactly why I watched the show. I couldn't stand them and enjoyed watching them get tortured. My favorite part was when Nicole Richie was forced to shove her gloved arm up a cow's *beep* to do a pregnancy test. She screamed while she was shoving it in. Probably saw that even if you didn't watch the show, it was in all the commercials. After Nicole pulled her arm out, Paris recoiled in horror from her hand. So of course, Nicole started chasing Paris around the barn with it. The shrieks of terror were all I ever wanted to hear from Paris.

On a related note, I was extremely disappointed with the last two episodes. The reunion special was a waste of time, all scripted garbage with a segment on the girls visiting Walmart that was a blatant advertisement. And the final episode was all wistful, pretending the girls would actually be sad to leave. It made no mention of the trouble Nicole got into. The bleach she poured on the pool table cost $300 to fix, which the producers had to pay. This caused them to wrap production earlier than the promised 30 days. Wouldn't know that to watch the show, though...
Categories: entertainment, Paris Hilton

No comments: