Monday, January 26, 2004

Captured Saddam action figure

The company that brought us George Bush and Osama bin Laden action figures brings us the Captured Saddam action figure. You know, one could make the argument that this action figure glorifies Saddam or that it's in poor taste, but not me. I just think it's badly-made. I mean, it's obvious they just took the same body they used for all their hero figures and stuck Saddam's head on it. It's got muscles! The whole gimmick was supposed to be celebrating Saddam's humiliation. His doll looks better than he did in the spiderhole. And I don't remember Saddam wearing a T-shirt. If you're not gonna do it right, don't do it at all.

I don't recommend looking at the other action figures these guys make. The DOA Uday and DOA Qusay action figures are just offensive by any standards.

No comments: