Monday, January 26, 2004

Delayed thoughts on "Armageddon"

Armageddon is on TV tonight, and this is my first time watching it. It's interesting. My first thought is that Liv Tyler is one of the most beautiful women on the planet. She's really edging up to the number one spot on my list of hottest female celebrity, currently occupied by Angelina Jolie.

My second thought is that the movie is not realistic, it's not well-written, it's got cheesy dialogue, and I don't think it's got a single accurate scientific fact in it. I mean, why would the space shuttle explode in a huge fireball? In space? With no oxygen? On the other hand, they managed to have some sort of explosion or fight scene every five minutes. There's got to be some sort of award for that.

Bad Astronomy has a good summary of all the scientific mistakes in this movie.
Categories: entertainment

No comments: