Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Lightener

I'm ordering a cup of coffee off the office coffee machine, and they have an option for sugar and lightener. Lightener? What the heck is lightener? Isn't that supposed to be milk? Or is this where we've gone as a society? First, there was cream. Then there was non-dairy creamer. Now there's "lightener." Yeah, that's why I put cream in my coffee; to lighten it. And all this time, I thought it was for the taste. Why not just jump the shark and put in red or blue dye? Call it colorizer.

4 comments:

Deirdre Cooley said...

I've often thought the very same thing. Where do they get this stuff... and it flies? I mean, marketing-wise... people are okay with "lightening" their coffee? As a Starbucks addict (and proud of it), I'm with you. Taste all the way - or just leave the coffee alone. lol

I meant to read more on your site tonight, but the pillow beckons. Long hours. My own blog is suffering for it. Thanks for the chuckle, though. Keep it up!!

Maurice Mitchell said...

Man, whats with all the spam!

Nigel G Mitchell said...

I dunno, it's been really bad lately. Gonna have to do something about it.

Maurice Mitchell said...

Funny thing about the lightner. Ive never seen that, but can see how ridiculous it is.