Wednesday, March 17, 2004

Dumb and Dumber

Okay, everyone is laughing at the latest stupidity uttered by Jessica Simpson. While visiting the White House this week, Jessica reportedly told the Interior Secretary Gale Norton, "You've done a nice job decorating the White House."

But to me, what's even funnier is that every story I've heard this in adds an explanation of what the Interior Secretary actually does. In other words, most Americans don't know any more about the Interior Secretary than Jessica Simpson, except that he doesn't decorate the White House. And I'm willing to bet a lot of Americans would have made the same mistake.

I also question the authenticity of this report, because the only place I could find any concrete source on this (as opposed to the usual "somewhere-else reported" method) was in the Washington Post, and they only quoted unnamed "sources," too. So maybe she didn't really say that at all. It's still funny, though.

No comments: