Sunday, March 21, 2004

Delayed Moments From "Joe Millionaire 2"

This is long overdue, bear with me...one of the reasons I watched The Next Joe Millionaire was to see the many ways in which Europeans were different from Americans. I was constantly surprised what the Europeans didn't know or understand that we take for granted.

For instance, at the beginning of the show, the European women were told that "Joe" was a cowboy. They expressed surprise and laughed and one began singing the theme song from Dallas. But later, they were all sitting around the pool, and one woman asked the other "What's a cowboy?" The other woman said, "I think that means he works at a rodeo." 1st woman: "What's a rodeo?" 2nd woman: "I don't know. I think it's like a festival for horses." 1st woman: "Oh, you mean like horse races and they decorate the horses?" 2nd woman: "I think so." 1st woman: "That's a job?"

Another time, they were all sitting in the park with David (aka Joe) and one asked David if he ever cursed. As a Southern gentlemen, he said that he cursed sometimes, but not around "beautiful women such as yourselves." One woman asked another woman, "What does it mean, to curse?" To which another woman said, "You know, like, *beep* *beep* *beep* *beep* *beep.*" Then she caught herself and said, "Oh, I'm sorry." But David was already on the ground, laughing. So was I.
Categories: HREF="http://del.icio.us/monkeymigraine/entertainment">entertainment