Sunday, February 01, 2004

Stuck on You

I saw "Stuck on You" on Saturday and I thought it was pretty good. It wasn't necessarily the funniest movie I've ever seen, although there were parts that had me rolling. It definitely had more emotion than any other Farrelly movie, thanks in large part to the great acting by Matt Damon and Greg Kinear. Damon is incredible. He played the shy, awkward nerdy guy so flawlessly, it was hard to remember him playing the tough-as-nails spy in "Bourne Identity."

The movie did a really good job of portraying the complexity of how to live permanently attached to someone. But I think being a twin made this movie more emotional from me. The story of two twins who are trying to live different lives while holding onto their friendship...well, do I need to say how I identify with that?

On an a related note, there was an Asian girl (Wen Yann Shih) in the movie who played one brother's Chinese girlfriend. She didn't look remotely Chinese to me. I'm no expert, but I'm betting she was Filipino. I'm insulted that they thought they could take any Asian woman and pass her off as any other Asian woman, like all we look at is slanty eyes. Well, maybe they do...

Oh, and Cher looks horrible. I don't know if it's botox or a bad face lift or all of the above, but her face looked like plastic, it barely moved at all.

No comments: