Saturday, May 07, 2005

Falling Idols

I've never liked American Idol. I think Jim Rome said it best when he called it American Karaoke. So when I heard a scandal threatened to bring it down, I was so there. I saw the ABC special "Fallen Idol" and expected it to be a "he-said, she-said" type of thing. No way. They had phone records, phone messages, and witnesses that all proved Paula Abdul had a relationship with a contestant during the show. Did she sleep with him like Clark claimed? Who knows, but he had some pretty detailed things to say on Howard Stern. I believe him and I'm stunned that Paula would do something so stupid. Then again, the whole show is a crock, anyway. But it did put Paula Abdul in a new light. She seemed like a washed-up pop singer before, but now she's hot. Who knew she was secretly a smoldering cauldron of lust. Wish I could get her to judge my singing contest, if you know what I mean. Uh...yeah.

1 comment:

Maurice Mitchell said...

Interesting...we'll see how it all plays out I guess.