Friday, April 02, 2004

Wikipedia Wiki-Rocks

Okay, let's revisit Wikipedia, because I think the full impact of its presence has not been appreciated. This afternoon, I logged on and checked out Condoleeza Rice's biography. I found it a bit bland, mainly a series of facts. I think it only existed to include the final paragraphy about her testimony, which I thought was given too much weight. So I set out to fix that.

I spent a couple hours researching her biographies and profiles on the Internet. Along the way, I discovered her primary influence was a professor named Josef Korbel. But when I tried to link to him, he didn't have an entry. So I made one for him. And in that way, I've made my small contribution to history.

And in case you're still not impressed, answer this...how many regular encyclopedias would have entries for both the DC comics mini-series "Crisis on Infinite Earths", and the Carthaginians in the same site?
Categories: misc

No comments: