Sunday, January 13, 2008

Bio-Hazard: The Truth Behind Movie Biographies

I hate movie biographies. Let's clarify that statement. I think it's a great and enjoyable thing to see someone's story depicted on the silver screen, and they're often fascinating and engaging. The problem is that they are often entirely fictional. I don't know what it is about Hollywood that truth isn't enough for them. Obviously, they find true stories compelling enough to make movies about them, but once they get the rights to the story, the writers feel free to make whatever changes they think will make the story better. As a result, I often finding myself watching "true" Hollywood stories and wondering how much of what I'm seeing is reality or fiction. To aid with this problem comes Reel Faces, dedicated to establishing fact versus fiction.

1 comment: