Saturday, July 15, 2006

Bad Villain: Zsasz

One of the villains featured in Knightfall is Zsasz. I remember Zsasz. He was one of the reasons I stopped reading Batman, if not comics in general. He's a serial killer. He has that thing with carving notches in himself for every kill and wearing a mask, but he's still a serial killer. That's the problem with writers today, they have no vision. They would never come up with villains like the Joker and Two-Face today. Batman's villains should be larger-than-life, not the mundane evil we see in the real world. Maybe we've seen too much evil in our world to tolerate the kind of fun and simplistic evil of the old days.

3 comments:

Maurice Mitchell said...

I agree. I'd take Penguin's umbrellas over Zsasz's knife any day. The new villians have no pizazz.

glomgold said...

I never figured out what the deal with the Penguin was. I probably should've read DC comics instead of trying to interpret Burgess Meredith in that TV show.

Nigel G Mitchell said...

The Penguin is one of my favorites! Forget the movie and TV show. His bird fixation is what kicks butt, not the umbrellas and hunchback. He's a villain with class.

As for Zsasz, I agree. There's no theme. At least give him a chainsaw or ice-pick or something unique.