Tuesday, April 10, 2007

The Mystery of "High School Musical"

I remember the day I realized I was out of touch with the youth of today and officially gave up. It was when I saw a slap bracelet in the store and asked myself "What's a slap bracelet?" I didn't understand it then and still don't, but realized the average kid could probably break it down for me. From then on, I just stopped trying. So when I heard about this thing called High School Musical, I thought "whatever." Then I heard about the hit soundtrack. And saw the High School Musical posters. And the breaking point was when the soundtrack was nominated for "Album of the Year" at the Billboard Music Awards. I couldn't take it anymore. So I booted up Google to answer the eternal question: "what the heck is 'High School Musical?'" The answer is that it's a TV movie on the Disney Channel. Since I don't have cable, that explains my lack of contact with it. But all this fuss over a TV movie? That must be some TV movie.

2 comments:

Maurice Mitchell said...

Yeah, I know what you mean. I figure anything fascinating and exciting to a "tween" probably isn't going to make much sense to me. You can listen to some samples on Amazon.com if you're really interested. Pretty fluffy "pop-pablum" to me, but it is Disney I guess.
(Wrap)http://www.amazon.com/
High-School-Musical-Various-Composers/
dp/
B000CCXCTW (/wrap)

P.S. You helped introduce me to a new kind of SPLOG. A blog that creates content by linking to other blogs. Just follow the link to this post to be introduced to the bottom-feeder blog that is selling saws for some reason.

Anonymous said...

Dear Sir,
Like, oh my god. High School Musical is totaly cool and awesome. Youd have to be all grody and gross not to like it! That hottie Zac Effron is so cool! I just love dancing to "We're All In This Together" in my PJs with my freinds. We've listened to it like a bajillion times! Hope they make a sequel!
LOL LOL LOL

Signed,
Al Gore