Saturday, March 17, 2007

Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy: 20th Anniversary Edition


Way back in the 80's, I played a game called The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. It was a text-based adventure game that included really cool stuff like a pair of Joo Janta Peril-Sensitive Sunglasses (also known as a cardboard pair of black glasses), a Don't Panic button, and a microscopic battle fleet (also known as an empty bag). I never finished it, and that's always annoyed me. Now I have a second chance with the 20th Anniversary Edition. Not only is it online and illustrated, it's also free. I'll get that Babel fish yet.

3 comments:

Maurice Mitchell said...

Cool. Sounds familiar though...

Nigel G Mitchell said...

Did you make a link that one? I didn't know.

Anyway, I finally got that freakin' Babel Fish. Evil puzzle.

glomgold said...

I remember watching a friend play it a little. Why was I watching that wacky text-based adventure game? When I could've been watching Zork?